First Central European Babywearing Conference will be held on 21st of October 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia. RODA (Roditelji u akciji) – Parents in Action, has been bringing parents together in Croatia since 2001, and has from its very beginnings promoted attachment parenting, including babywearing.
Organizers are expecting approximately 200 people from Croatia and surrounding countries to attend the event, including parents but also babywearing counsellors and trainers, midwives, nurses, doctors, physical therapists and psychologists.
As babywearing is a fairly new practice in the region, health care professionals have many reservations about it, which they then pass on to their patients. This conference is an excellent opportunity to promote the benefits of babywearing and teach them about safety.
Speakers and program of the First Central European Babywearing Conference
- Dr. Milan Stanojević, Ph.D., neonatologist and President of the World Perinatal Association
- Dr. Henrik Norholt, Ph.D., expert in child psychological and motor development
- Dr. Josip Vlaić, MD, orthopedist
- Dr. Snježana Gverić-Ahmetašević, Ph.D., neonatologist
- Željka Skukan Šoštarić, B.N. (Nursing), IBCLC, Community health nurse
- Urška Podvršič, psychologist, Die Trageschule Network leader for Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
Program of the conference can be found here.
Registration, Terms and Conditions
Registration instructions and information
The registration form can be found here. As space is restricted, registrations will be accepted until the conference is sold out or until 16 October 2017.
Earlybird registration by 25 September 2017: 30 EUR. Late registration, between 26 September and 16 October: 45 EUR. Lunch, transportation and accommodations are not included in the conference fees.
Additional information can be found on RODA’s official website.